> It's not mudslinging...it's my opinion of their rather rude

While I'm not a fan of rude behavior, imagine that you're on the Eclipse
project yourself. You're not getting paid, of course, and you're getting all
these questions about why people can't unzip Eclipse using the Windows zip
utility. And there isn't anything you can do about that - this has nothing
to do with the compression package you're using, or anything else that can
be easily changed. And yet, these people blame you for their problems.
You're going to get tired of answering that pretty quickly.

Second, terseness is often confused with rudeness, especially in email.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net