I remember last time I looked at the CF alternatives, BD was the only one
that seemed mature.  Others seemed to be either in early stages or have
started charging and at that point weren't worth the trouble switching to
IMHO.

A free CFML engine that's fairly compatible with Adobe's engine would be a
great thing IMHO.

Russ