> I would hardly describe Peter Farrell as an "Adobe fanboy" especially
> since he was running his site for a long time on BlueDragon!

No, the person i was talking about is a certain Paul Vernon (NA's site is up,
just checked).

> > only to have it come to light that NA implemented cfthread before
> Adobe, and that it was up to Adobe to maintain compatibility.
>
> Since Adobe (Macromedia / Allaire) created ColdFusion, I don't think
> they have any responsibility to "maintain compatibility" since they
> created the de facto standard. The burden is on other companies to
> build compatible CFML engines, IMO.

See, that's exactly what i'm talking about. If another company adds a feature
*before* Adobe does, then how is it not the responsibility of Adobe to maintain
compatibility when they themselves add the same feature? Should the other
company in question break backwards compatibility with their own code just to
match Adobe's implementation? Once again we see the position that only Adobe is
allowed to innovate in this area.