It's a DataDirect driver for Oracle, not an Oracle driver. So if
there's a huge price difference, it's DataDirect with whom the issue
lies.

Having said that, the commercial DataDirect driver costs more than all
of CF Enterprise, so I think we're getting a good deal. I also like
being able to run (for example) 10 VMs on one server for the cost of
one license, deploying to J2EE, distributing a compiled war, the
server monitor and all the other features we get from Enterprise. As
Enterprise software goes, it's a bargain (you should see what we pay
for Oracle).

mxAjax / CFAjax docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/