I agree with Russ. We have CF, .Net, Java, and PHP all in our environments
and the majority of the developers don't know how install and configure.
The senior people do, particularly with CF and Java. I've only worked in
large organizations where there is a distinct group in charge of
administration so even have a developer with any type of rights to learn
about configuration and setup is very rare,

Phil