No what Ray is saying is that a developer should be able to turn the car on
and drive it, but to maintain the car you need professional help with it.

Michael I think you need to stop for a minute, a developer should know
there way around the Administrator, they should also know how to add sites
to Apache and IIS and be able to install software, but to luck it down and
fully secure it, then yes leave that to those who know and developer
machines don't need that. And if they are exposed to the internet then you
have more bigger issues than you comparisons listed below.

--
Regards,
Andrew Scott