Hi all,

just wanted to announce that cf_advancedemail version 2 has gone to beta
and that I could use some help with testing.

What is cf_advancedemail?
cf_advancedemail is a custom tag that lets you send email in both plain
text and HTML, and include images in the email message, so the images
are also available when the reader is off-line.

Does it work?
 From my server (CF 4.5.2 SP2 on NT) to Mozilla and Outlook it does. For
the rest I don't know, and that is where I need help.

How expensive is it?
Free. BSD licence, so you are even allowed to use this tag in a project
you sell to a customer without having to pay anything. (For version 1
you had to pay in the past, but no more.)

How does it work?
In its simplest form it works like this:
<cf_advancedemail from="me@domain" to="you@domain">
   <cf_advancedemailparam URL="url" tempdir="path">
</cf_advancedemail>
This would send an email in both plain text and HTML with all that is at
the URL, and all images references at the URL. More advanced options
include specifying a different plaintext and HTML text, cache control,
advanced previewing etc.

How can I help?
Download the tag, install it and try it. I am especially looking for
people who can test it on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux.
The other thing is that if you have a really exotic email client you can
send me an email (off-list) and I will send you a test message and you
can tell me how it looks.

Where to get it?
http://jochem.vandieten.net/coldfusion/customtags/advancedemail/

Thanx,