something else kind of struck me when looking at your tag documentation...
you are writing to the spool directory :) good...

Now a lot of people have been on the list complaining about CF and its
inability to manage large volume mailings... without disk issues, bugs,
slowness, etc...

I was wondering if you or anyone else had looked at the actual MAIL SPOOL on
your mail server...  Here is my next generation concept for your program and
people developing mail stuff with regard to customized volume oriented
programs...

1. Run the query..
2. Construct the messages.
3. Rather than parsing to the spool directory:
        A. format the output to meet the standard mail specification.
        B. Parse the completed specification emailing to the mail servers outgoing
directory...

Anyone done anything like this?

We run Mdaemon which is plain text files in directories just like CF...  the
specification would be simple to duplicate without documentation... Most of
the other programs like SLMAIL and other 3rd party use text file format...
not sure about Microsofts que...

Anyone think such an approach might be worth investing time to attempt???
At any such point that this were to work, one would only be limited by the
power of their email servers to send mail out...

Maybe all that is obvious... Additionally, note, that this wouldn't work in
situations where your email server is a shared resource of your hosting
company/isp... I doubt they really support people parsing out volumes of
email to their servers anyways :)

-paris