1.Fusebox is a coding methodology. It's like picking a certain writing
style. It trys to maximize code reuse by structuring the way you write your
code. It also lends itself to self documentation.

2.there is a great book on fusebox called.... 'Fusebox: mothodology and
techniques' by steve nelson and craig girard.

3.the methodology learned will transfer to other languages. Of course you
will need to adjust certain aspects.

4.yes it is backwards compatible.

Take a look at http://www.fusebox.org/

Good luck,