From: Gyrus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2001 8:21 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Fusebox - opinions?

> Whoever said that FB is self
> documenting must not be commenting his/her code. If this person had
> just added comments to the header of each document, it would be so
> much easier to track down and debug these applications.

I comment my code well anyway. I disbelieved the FB claim
of being 'self-documenting' from the start - seems silly. I guess a really
messy coder can make a mess of something using whatever well-designed
system.

Thing is, the style of my app structure/naming conventions/ documentation
does shift about from one project to another - mostly because I'm constantly
learning in small ways. Now I feel I've enough of a grasp of CF to really
start to standardise things, to give me a few less things to think about in
the day-to-day coding. I could come up with my own set of conventions and my
own open-ended architecture - my feeling is just, why not adopt Fusebox, to
save myself a bit of time, probably learn some stuff in the process, and
leave my work using something that at least some other developers out there
are using too?

I guess in this position it's just a matter of whether Fusebox's style
meshes at all with your own enough to make it worthwhile.

- Gyrus