So, I'm pretty familiar with CFCs and getting it to work, etc.  I learned
that you can actually store a function within the variable scope (in fact,
I learned that when you create a UDF, it's actually placed in the variable
scope).  I also recently learned that you can push a component of an
object inside a variable as well (via CreateObject();).

I created a 'logging' component that all it does is takes an argument
(event_id) and it checks the db if it should log the event and / or notify
someone of the event. I pushed this logging component into the request
scope and it's now available to all my applications (even other CFCs).

I guess my question is, is this a bad thing to do?  What's the impact of
pushing components into the request scope (besides memory)...?  I know
there's this holy war going on regarding the 'request' scope as some
people say it shouldn't be touched and other people claim that's what it's
for.

Just looking for opinions...

Thanks,
~Todd