From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 June 2002 15:16
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Opinion: CFC / Request scope question.

I think the question can be made a bit more broad - what is better:

1) <cfinvoke component="test" method="x">

or

2) <cfset x = createObject("component","test")>
        <cfset y = test.foo()>

In general my feelings are that if you are going to do anything more
than call one method, you should use #2. It should be quicker (since you
have the object already), but more than that, it's handier to have the
object around I would think.

Of course, since CFCs have been out for just a little while now, what I
think makes sense now will probably change by next Tuesday. ;)

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus