I don't think that is what he is asking Ben. He is not talking about
making the CFC depend on request vars, rather, he is talking about
putting an instance of a CFC in the request scope. So he can do crap
like this:

application.cfm:
<cfset request.logger = createObject("component","myKickButtLoggerCFC")>

foo.cfm:
<cfset request.logger.log("critical","App has broken")>
sometag.cfm:
<cfscript>
stuff;
stuff;
more stuff;
request.logger.log("info","Added user bob");
</cfscript>

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Macromedia

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo IM : morpheus