Thanks Raffaella,
I understand that unfaithfulness can be a necessity sometimes...
I am glad you found out a very elegant way of doing it right :-)

On the other hand, in case of our little PAL vs. NTSC discussion,
i think it makes sense to render the project first to that standard
which is nearer to the original footage (in time and space resolution).

Otherwise, we would necessarily loose resolution and quality
 already before the first output (either black borders or cropping,
 and the inevitable resampling in the time domain).

Once the product is thus ready, i think it is not badly unfaithful
 to quit cinelerra because its work is then well done.
Changing the output format is a thing pretty different from editing.

by the way, you open up some questions of general interest:

> 1. There is no need to be unfaithful to Cin.
> Even a project with very keyframed camera zoom curves can zoom out all
> the tracks with the projector. I think it is also smarter. In fact the
> camera resizes, the projector scales tracks.

what is the difference between scaling and resizing?
do you mean the latter would just crop the image?

> I wander if Cin can think separately of canvas size and project output
> size (not just single tracks size).

well... i think the "canvas size" should be the resolution
 of the entire composition, like in a painting or (ideally) in cinema.
 and that should well be identical with the output file... right?

happy days :-)
georg

--
dr.k.g.hooss
schoepfung & wandel wissenschaftliche medienberatung