On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 16:19 +0200, Kurt Georg Hooss wrote:
> well, as i have learned so far, in order to get proper output
> it ist most advisable to set the format (pal/ntsc/...)
> right in the beginning, *before* any footage is loaded.

> so frankly i don't believe it is possible to create videos
> in different formats directly from cinelerra out of the same project.
> however it should be possible to convert afterwards with other tools.

Ciao Georg!

At least with regard to conversion from one standard to another,
Cinelerra has been very friendly with me.
To convert a PAL project to NTSC in Cin is unbelievably easy. (In fact I
didn't believed it possible and I started looking for difficult
solutions with other tools.)

Edit your EDL in PAL standard as usual.
You can check your resources attributes by right clicking on them and
selecting info from the context menu (PAL = framerate 25 - size
720x576).
Before rendering it, change project attributes (Settings -> Format).
Change preset from PAL to NTSC.
Select the "auto" checkbox for aspect ratio.
Check the size of the output in the compositor. If needed you can zoom
out with the compositor camera.
Render as usual.
The rendered file is NTSC. You can verify its attributes by opening it
with Cin and selecting info from the context menu (NTSC = framerate
29.97 - size 720x480).

Ciao!
Raffaella