well, as i have learned so far, in order to get proper output
it ist most advisable to set the format (pal/ntsc/...)
right in the beginning, *before* any footage is loaded.

so frankly i don't believe it is possible to create videos
in different formats directly from cinelerra out of the same project.
however it should be possible to convert afterwards with other tools.

georg

On Monday, 21. May 2007 19:12:58 rob switzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       I recently created a project in 24fps/720x480 and 25fps/720x576
> progressive formats, and would like to export/convert this project into
> properly interlaced formats suitable for burning to both NTSC and PAL
> dvd formats.
>
>       I'm using an older Cinelerra-cv 2.0 (didn't want to switch in the
> middle of a rather long project) and I have access to very recent
> versions of ffmpeg and mencoder.
>
>       What is the best way to generate properly interlaced output from
> progressive input using Cinelerra-cv and related tools?
>
>       Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions ...
>
> --rob switzer

dr.k.g.hooss
schoepfung & wandel wissenschaftliche medienberatung
breite strasse 6-8, d-23617 luebeck
www.schoepfung-und-wandel.de