rob switzer wrote:
Hi,

        I recently created a project in 24fps/720x480 and 25fps/720x576
progressive formats, and would like to export/convert this project into
properly interlaced formats suitable for burning to both NTSC and PAL
dvd formats.

my suggestions...

I don't see the point of interlacing the footage for the PAL dvd. Wouldn't that be trying to encode information (50 fields per second) that isn't there? My understanding of the dvd format is that it handles progressive footage fine. If that seems fine then your 25fps is ready to go for PAL. If you want to use cinelerra for that then open the project then :either export/render from cinelerra as mpeg2, or use the yuv4mpeg pipeline with the DVD presets for ffpmeg or mpeg2enc. Export your sound seperately as AC3 then use mplex to merge the sound and video streams. Use whatever tools to author the dvd. (All this is described in good detail in the cinelerra manual).

Can't help you with NTSC sorry but a recent version of mencoder is likely to have a really good Telecine converter for that.

Graham E.