Some things on Linux have been sorted out to be easy.  I'm sorry that video
editing isn't one of them yet.

I promise that I have had bad experiences on Windows too - being bitten by
bugs in programs that you would have thought were too expensive to have them
or finding that the format of my video is not supported by the editor that
can perform the kind of editing I want.

In time the story will be different.

Regards,

Tim