Since you have 2 sets of router and token-ring 9-pin-type1 cable it should
be easy to troubleshoot this problem..i would suggest you to try this...
1.. Connect only one router to the MAU. Check if token-ring port inserts
into the ring. I ask you to do this because if the other cable is bad it
will cause the entire ring to 'beacon' and may not allow any station to
insert into the ring.
2.. If this still doesn't work then change the port on the MAU. Usually
MAU's don't go bad but i have seen some ports on MAU going bad.
3.. If this doesn't work then change the cable. Make sure cable is correctly
inserted..you have to push it hard inside the port...if properly inserted
type-1 connector won't come out of MAU port even if pulled unless 'side
tabs' are pressed.
4.. If still doesn't work then repeat same steps 1/2/3 with other router.

Needless to say (but since you are new to TR) leave RI/RO ports on MAU
alone. Don't use them for router..they are used for connecting more MAU's.

Above procedure should atleast isolate the problem.

Good Luck.

Sameer

8hsfuj$vfr$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8hsfuj$vfr$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...