Rule 1:  You are only worth what it costs to replace you.
Rule 2:  There is ALWAYS someone willing to do more work for less money.

On applications, it normally asks salary at each position.  I typically list
the range of my present position.  I am normally willing to provide a copy
of my present job description, and the HR document that show the salary
range for the position. (depending on where I am in the scale)

It boils down to the point where your skills are more important to one
employer than another, and that employer is willing to show it.

For me to leave one job and go to another, so same responsibilities and same
pay, there must be something extremely wrong with my present employer.  On
the other hand... moving to a new job often means new responsibilities and
challenges.  If I am happy where I am, the potential employer needs to
provide an incentive for me to leave... and to do that I typically I look
for at least a 10% - 20% jump in pay.

Ed