If you are running NT or Win2000 the break will not work.  95 should work fine and check the config reg to see if that is correct.  Same thing happened to me

Robert McIntire wrote:

I'm working with a used 2514 router with an unknown enable password.  I've tried the standard break technique but can't abort the boot sequence.  I believe that break may be disabled.  I'm using Win NT 4 and hyperterminal to connect to the console port and am able to connect and SHOW VERSION.   I am getting terminal feedback.  I've used CTRL-BREAK AND CTRL-SHFT-6  to no avail.  How can I access ROMMON mode and change the password?  Is there a jumper on the system board that can be used to circumvent the password and access the router for configuration?        Any advice is appreciated,  Thanks