I would suggest upgrading Hyperterm to version 5. this will allow the
use of the break key in NT.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Lodwick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 10:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2500 router password recovery

Robert McIntire,
   I would try some of these break sequences right after you see memory
statement
ctrl + break   ctrl, shift +break    alt + b

CISCO BREAK SEQUENCES

Software        Platform        Operating System        Try This
Kermit  Sun Workstation         UNIX    Ctrl-\l
Kermit  Sun Workstation         UNIX    Ctrl-\b
MicroPhone Pro  IBM Compatible  Windows         Ctrl-Break
ProComm Plus    IBM Compatible  DOS or Windows  Alt-b
Telix   IBM Compatible  DOS     Ctrl-End
Telnet to Cisco         IBM Compatible  N/A     Ctrl-]
Terminal        IBM Compatible  Windows         Break
Terminal        IBM Compatible  Windows         Ctrl-Break
Tip     Sun Workstation         UNIX    Ctrl-], then Break or Ctrl-c
VT 100 Emulation        Data General    N/A     F16
Windows NT      IBM Compatible  Windows         Break-F5
Windows NT      IBM Compatible  Windows         Shift-F5
Windows NT      IBM Compatible  Windows         Shift-6 Shift-4 Shift-b
(^$B)
Z-TERMINAL      Mac     Apple   Command-b
N/A     Break-Out Box   N/A     Connect pin 2 (X-mit) to +V for half a
second
N/A     Cisco to aux port       N/A     Control-Shft-6, then b
N/A     IBM Compatible  N/A     Ctrl-Break