Dear All Cisco GroupStudy Members,

I would like to thank the Cisco GroupStudy Mailing
List for the contribution on the Cisco Certification,
and for the information which is very useful, with
some have been put to my site: ciscosite.com.

I have just received some messages stating that the
ciscosite.com should be handed over to Cisco because
of using the phrase "cisco" and because of the
attached reasons. Does anyone of you have the problem
like this, that the domain name should be handed over
to Cisco? I would like to know this further because
it's the only domain name I have ever registered right
now, and I have promoted it even in my namecards.

And concerning this, I have replied to Brobeck that I
would better appeal this case to the GroupStudy first
before making any further steps. So all of your
suggestions are very expected.

Thanks in advance for your comments regarding this.

With Sincerity,
Wisin
http://www.ciscosite.com

Attached message:

Dear Wisin,

I will respond to your questions in turn.

First, while we appreciate your stated willingness to
comply with Cisco's
requests, we note that the changes we have requested
have not been made to
your site to date.  Please ensure that these changes
are completed by
October 17, 2000.

Second, the fact that a registrar permits registration
of a domain name has
no bearing on whether the domain name is in violation
of another party's
trademark rights.  Registrars do not make independent
determinations of the
propriety of a domain name registration; they simply
determine whether a
name has been registered previously.  The fact that
you actually registered
ciscosite.com does not give you the right to use
Cisco's trademark as part
of your domain name.

Finally, Cisco does not provide compensation for the
discontinued use of a
domain name.  Cisco will provide you with compensation
for the actual cost
of transferring the domain name to Cisco, and will
permit you to use the
domain name for a limited period of time for the sole
purpose of informing
users of the address of your new website.  If you
intend to use the site
temporarily to direct people to your new site, please
commence this use
immediately and ensure that the site is taken down by
October 17, 2000.

Thank you for your continued cooperation.

Sincerely,
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com