---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:36:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Some Cracked-Out Cisco Attorney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Nice Folks Who Run sanfrancisco.com <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: It's my domain!  Put it in mah belly!

Dear Nice Folks,

I will respond to your questions in turn.

First, while we appreciate your stated willingness to
comply with Cisco's
requests, we note that the changes we have requested
have not been made to
your site to date.  Please ensure that these changes
are completed by
October 17, 2000.  That's Ramafar, our blood feast day.

Second, the fact that a registrar permits registration
of a domain name has
no bearing on whether the domain name is in violation
of another party's
trademark rights.  Registrars do not make independent
determinations of the
propriety of a domain name registration; they simply
determine whether a
name has been registered previously.  The fact that
you actually registered
sanfrancisco.com does not give you the right to use
Cisco's trademark as part
of your domain name.

Third, despite the fact that 'San Francisco' is the name of a
major US city and obviously in the public domain, Cisco Systems, Inc,
neither the first nor the last company to trademark the name Cisco,
nonetheless owns the rights to every domain name on the planet that
contain the characters c-i-s-c-o in sequence.  This is because we have
a lot of money.  When we have more money we plan to claim the rights to
the alphabet lettes c, i, s, c and o, as well, so you may as well start
phasing those out of your site while you're at it.

Finally, Cisco does not provide compensation for the
discontinued use of a
domain name.  Cisco will provide you with compensation
for the actual cost
of transferring the domain name to Cisco, and will
permit you to use the
domain name for a limited period of time for the sole
purpose of informing
users of the address of your new website.  If you
intend to use the site
temporarily to direct people to your new site, please
commence this use
immediately and ensure that the site is taken down by
October 17, 2000.  You don't want to upset us on a blood feast day.

Thank you for your continued cooperation.

Sincerely,
BROOBECK FLEGER & HARROSON LLP
http://www.broobeck.com
Are you rich?  No job too silly for us to take a crack at!