On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, ick daniels wrote:

> How do you know he is not certified. By sending a mail
> to Cisco. Pleaseee. I just tried it by sending a card
> of someone who is a CCIE and i got a reply that he
> does not exist. If you doubt his credentials be a man

Ick, do you mind sharing the name of the CCIE (or number)?  Because if
what you say is true, then this is very bad.  Cisco is very good about
tracking CCIE's and making it easy to verify them.  If you are a CCIE and
go for a job, its very possible that the employer may pre-screen you by
verifying your authenticity........this is more than just skill at stake
here, for example a cisco partner needs CCIE for its qualification for say
gold status.

If cisco is falsly invalidating CCIE's its important it is
addressed.  When you email the address to verify a CCIE, its not like it
goes to a black hole.  It gets routed to someone who takes care of
it.......or should.

brian