How do you know he is not certified. By sending a mail
to Cisco. Pleaseee. I just tried it by sending a card
of someone who is a CCIE and i got a reply that he
does not exist. If you doubt his credentials be a man
and challenge him. Just because you asked a question
about firewall and he doesn't know means nothing.
Networks is a vast field, there are so many areas to
dive into. Not everyone would do it all. In my case i
deal exclusively with designs in fault management and
WAN. I don't configure routers and the rest. If you
ask me something that the fix was a bug in a software
i would not know because i deal on a higher level
design. So let us give the guy a break, he must be
doing something right if he is still there. I hope
there is no problem between the two of you because i
don't see how anyone would take time out to check his
credentials and still do his job.