Well, I did it.  I passed the CCIE written exam this morning. And, for just
a moment, I felt the weight of the world lift off my shoulders.  Then I
thought about the lab exam and what I need to do to get there.  Thankfully,
I have a plan; it just needs to be put on paper so it can be a working
document.
I have posted much in the recent weeks about how I have studied to get this
far, so I won't post it again.  But if you have specific questions about
certain areas, that won't violate the NDA, I will be happy to answer them.
Now, my next challenge comes along... not the lab... convincing my boss that
the company should pay for the lab exam and any needed materials for getting
there. I know that I shouldn't rely on this as the means to the end; but if
I can get it, why not?  Anyone have any pointers on how to convince a VP
that doesn't know much about the CCIE program that he should approve these
things?
Thanks for the wonderful humor and study tips!

Jim