>Yeah makes me wish they had ISP specific certs. Having worked for this type
>of company for 6 years, I could care less about IPX, AppleTalk, or
>tokenring.  It does as I think about it seem to affirm that Cisco is more
>interested in the Enterprise approach.  Thing is, ISPs are mostly fading
>away, to the point where there are very few that are not your local telco.
>
>     Bri

Local ISPs, to some extent.  At the other extreme, a fair number of
ISPs are becoming telcos.  I'm not worried about specializing in
carrier markets.

There are important operational difference between IP-centric and
telecommunications-centric carriers.  One  that often gets overlooked
is the challenge of recycling unionized craftpeople, with quite
specific job descriptions, into a more flexible world of IP
provisioning.  In all fairness, I've always found the Communications
Workers of America to be one of the better unions about retraining
and evolving, but there are still bound to be conflicts.