First, thanks for all of your comments.  All were very helpful.

Next, obviously I wasn't very clear in my previous message.  I did not
mention that both router redundancy and FR redundancy are important to the
company I currently work for.  And, we currently have one router already in
place as our primary FR router.  The 3640 I propose in my earlier message is
an extra in the event the other 'box' dies.  While it is more likely that an
outage would result from the provider I would like to cover all bases
possible on the 'inside of the smartjack'.

Again, thanks for all of your suggestions.  I particularly like the idea of
a backup PVC.  I may explore that option further.

May God bless,

Raul

P.S. To Victor, I am from Texas, USA