The first question I have..is the above possible with a 2611 router with a
Fast Ethernet module install, with 48MB DRAM and IOS 12.1. It also has 2
Wic-1T serial cards.

The Cisco web site has configuration examples based on 2620's but doesn't
mention the 2611. I have had this working using a 3620 OK. But am not able
to get this working using the 2611 I am receiving various errors on both the
router and the switch.

I am wondering as the config is fairly straight forward is this actually
possible with this router.

Any thoughts would be appreciated