""Fred Danson""  wrote in message

> >Memo from Steve Skinner of PricewaterhouseCoopers
> >
> >-------------------- Start of message text --------------------
> >

> >Howard,Pris,Chuck,Thomas,MR roysdon....these guys and more don`t SEEM to
> >need the IE...maybe they have made the right choice..???????
>
> I agree with you 100% that these guys don't need be to CCIE's. They have
> proven themselves through their many years of experience. But how many
> people out there have the experience that they have? Not many! The CCIE
> would seperate you from the rest of the crowd and prove that you really do
> know what you're talking about.

I feel honored to even be in the list with Howard and Priscilla, but no
doubt it just has to do with my extensive posting at times.

I would definately agree with this last statement, however.  Even if you're
the top in a pool of talent, but someone else has their CCIE and you don't,
what does that say?  To me Cert tests are where you have the opportunity to
prove you're not just all talk, and not just passing, but passing with high
marks and on the first time.  Not that I'm in a position to hire, just
recommend, but if I was looking for an MCSE or CCNP/DP, I'd ask for a
print-out of their transcripts (showing pass/fail records), if not the
original test results listing scores.

Slightly off-topic for a Cisco list, but anyone know of anyone doing the
RHCE (RedHat Certified Engineer)?  Requires a minimum 4 day crash-course
followed by a one-day hands-on lab exam (they also offer the 4 days in a 3
week course for those more green).  I told my boss I want this after my CCIE
last summer, and he just laughed at me and said sure ;-p   Of course, I had
only my MCSE and CCNA at the time.

%$^(@%$!  I need to take the CVOICE tomorrow if I want the CCNP Voice Access
Specialization before it's retired.  Bets that I can pass it tomorrow w/no
prep or study-cramming?  Of course, that's all provided I can find time in
the day to even go take the thing.  (We turned up a customer's 2nd remote
AVVID site in San Jose and I've got to field any potential problems and get
two ActiveFax problems finalized).  I think I'll cram for the test and wait
around for problem calls until 10am and if it's clear, schedule at test.

Of, got word last week that we now have our Partner Security Specialization
status last week.  Yippee *sarcasm*, now we've got 55 points in Cisco's
Partner point-game with our IP Telephony Specialization back in February.
At this point, we're just two CCIEs shy of Silver status, but then isn't
everyone?

I still don't get why Cisco doesn't have a step between Premier and Silver.
Two CCNA/DAs for Premier vs. Two CCNA/DAs, Two CCNP/DPs, Two CCIEs to Silver
is such a big step.  Why not a step between with two CCNA/DAs and two
CCNP/DPs and more specialization points?
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/partner_programs/certification/comparis
on.shtml

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]