I agree. Cisco, like Novell, teaches you HOW things
actually work rather than simply teach you their
products and their way only.

If you achieve CCIE written or lab, that knowledge is
transferable to almost any WAN platform in almost any
enviornment.  Granted, the current and future salary
expectations for CCIE's or any WAN Engineers for that
matter are going down close to 15% per year, so are
salary ranges for MCSE's and CNE's.

The school I am currently attending for CCIE
written/lab is pumping out "paper" CCIE's faster than
I can say .. "help, the written ccie is almost as
worthless as the mcse"

Juniper ??  I hear their test is twice as hard as
CCIE.  Mabey you should attempt that one ....

--- Niraj Palikhey  wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> Personally,it's not about what the world thinks,
> it's what YOU think.
> Attempting the lab and passing or failing it :-(
> for ME is not about
> whether there are so many IE's out there or a $150K
> job or no job or Juniper
> lurking in the horizon, it's about one's own
> achievment and self-worth. Like
> you, I too started pulling cables through ceilings,
> bled my fingers
> (literally) by opening up x86's and some of those
> never heard brand-names,
> the Novell sh**, the Microsoft sh**, A+, N+, Citrix,
> xxNA, xxNP etc. etc.
> etc....you know the list goes on and on. It's about
> the challenge that the
> lab offers and the fun? of fixing those godam***
> problems that excites me.
> OK, I am not trying sound like a pr*** here.
>
> I personally think now after all these years, all
> these other certs are
> nothing when compared to the CCIE because they are
> written, something you
> can memorize and pass, which is what most of us have
> done. But the LAB, it's
> whether you know it or you don't? As we say at
> work..it's all in your 10
> fingers!!
>
> NO one in my parent company is certified, NO one,
> NADA - the Cisco guru,
> Unix guru, Oracle guru, NT guru etc.etc. and
> whenever I fall into problems,
> guess who helps me out?
> And I always use them as my Prime Example in my
> classes when I am trying to
> teach someone who does not know the difference b/w a
> router, switch or hub?
> God help me!!!
>
> Attempting and passing the LAB is like climbing up
> Mt. Everest which is in
> my home country, Nepal. It's not whether Hillary or
> Tenzing Norgay who
> climbed it first and the many others after them,
> it's YOU  who had done it
> now. YOU.
> Ok, stop being poetic here :-)
>
> So I suggest GO FOR IT MAN!! or as you guys say
> there, CHAP :-)
> Best of Luck!!
>
> Just my 2 cents!
> Peace!!
> Kind regards,
> Niraj
>

> >From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Passed CCIE Written but NOT doing lab
> [7:3568]
> >Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 05:31:04 -0400
> >
> >Memo from Steve Skinner of PricewaterhouseCoopers
> >
> >-------------------- Start of message text
> --------------------
> >
> >Guys,
> >
> >on saturday i passed my CCIE written ,just
> ....Horray for me ...
> >But i have decided not to go for the
> >
> >well i have been in the industry for 8yrs..and i
> have spent most of that
> >time chasing Cred`s,
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

=====
Chris from Chicago
MasterCNE, 5.x CNE, ICNE, 4.x CNE, CCNA, MCP

http://auctions.yahoo.com/