> With the death (or extended delay) of CCIE Design, I think that the CCDP
is
> sufficiently different that it can/should be used alongside of CCIE.
>
> CCNP on the otherhand flows directly into CCIE R&S.

I, basically, agree with Kevin except for this.  You are required to be a
MCP before a MCSE.  Same goes for CBS before CBE and CNA before CNE.  Now
with Cisco all bets are off.  The CCNA/P or CCDA/P are mutually independent
from the CCIE (any flavor).  It is redundant, but I feel if you went to the
trouble and expense why not put ALL your Cisco certifications.

Say someone was a CCIE R&S, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, MCSE, CNE, and
Checkpoint CCSA.  On a business card, all of that will not fit and look
right.  For example, I would use:  David L. Blair, CCIE, MCSE, CNE, CCSA.
The TOP certification from each certification area.  On the resume I would
list them all.

When I get my CCIE I plan to list all my certifications or least as many
that will fit on one line of a business card.  The number of certifications
is also measure of where you have been and your tenure in the business.

--
"Through Complexity there is Simplicity,
                               Through Simplicity there is Complexity"

David L. Blair - CCNP, CCNA, MCSE, CBE, A+, 3Wizard