I have always thought that NetWare only auto-generated its internal network
number (based on date and time of installation, which semi-gurantees
uniqueness of the address), but the external network numbers had to be
entered manually for each frame type. I may be wrong, but I don't think it
auto-detects existing network numbers on the line.

CM