GO AWAY!!!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Hoe Moe
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2001 11:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: List Circuitbreakers fired [7:25791]

Why are you tracking people anyways? What do you have
to gain? You getting paid by knowing peoples real name
and company they work for? Maybe selling it to
recruiters?

You're the reason why my company uses this kind of
secure internet service. It keeps people like you from
snooping around our network.

Also I never attacked you personally and don't know
why you attacked me. It just seems that you would be
smart enough to make some cash off your site. No need
attack me for making a wrong assumption.

Hoe

""Paul Borghese""  wrote:

> I do not get paid to manage groupstudy as it is a
hobby of mine consuming
> countless hours of time I should be spending with my
family.  Every vacation
> we take gets somehow interrupted by some issue with
groupstudy.    Plus at
> times the we could have really used the money spent
on GroupStudy for other
> things.  Frankly my wife has been amazing supportive
of the entire thing.

> I was talking to a friend of mine about the pains
associated with managing
> this site.  He could not believe all the crap that I
need to deal with on a
> daily basis.  So the next day  I decided to keep a
log of all of the things
> that I needed to take care of for that particular
day.  I was going to
> publish it but was later advised against it (see
item 1).  In a nutshell, on
> this one particular day I spent most of the day (in
between doing my "real"
> job):
>
> 1. Dealing with a person who was threatening to sue
me over a posting
> another list member sent (under the belief that I am
responsible).   This
> person was also suing the poster and the poster's
company in an attempt to
> get the guy fired.  I know this because he insisted
on courtesy copying
> everyone involved on all correspondence.  $100's of
dollars in legal fees
> later I learned that the entire thing was frivolous
and the courts were
> quite clear with numerous decisions that I am not
liable.  The case was
> later dropped.   But it is still not pleasant to
think that your financial
> future may be jepodized over a hobby.
>
> 2. Trying to help a person get off the list.  I
needed him to send me a
> header of one of the e-mails but everytime I asked
for the header he would
> respond with obscenities and demand to be removed.
But I needed the headers
> to figure out how he was receiving the messages.  He
ended up bouncing all
> of his messages (out of some sort of warped revenge)
to my personal e-mail
> account.  But at least then I was able to view the
header and get him off
> the list.  What I don't understand is if he was
capable of bouncing e-mails
> to a third account, why all the obscenity?  He
should have understood the
> reasoning and just sent me the headers.
>
> 3.  Tracked someone down at Cisco's request who
broke the CCIE NDA.

> 4. Did an interview for a magazine for an article on
GroupStudy.com.

> 5. Tracked down a hacker who had broken into a
companies machine and was now
> attacking groupstudy.com.  After blocking that
machine from GroupStudy, I
> wrote to the contacts listed in the whois database.
By some strange
> coincidence the security offer of the company called
me (who I had never
> spoken to before) to discuss a matter concerning a
posting on one of the
> lists that needs to be removed.  He had no idea
there was this problem with
> the hacker but was able to get me in contact with
the technical people in
> the company so I could explain.
>
> If this was a job, believe me I would quit!
>
> We do sell a limited amount of banner ads, but that
money goes towards the
> upkeep of the servers and lessens the burden of this
site on me financially.
> For a while I was spending close to $1000/month on
bandwidth before InFlow
> rescued us by giving the site free bandwidth.  Now
we seem to be at a break
> even point and may even have enough money for that
new shinny server I have
> my eye on :-).
>
> So to make a long story short, Money OUT > Money IN
while I believe most
> jobs use the formula Money IN > Money OUT.   But
like a real job
> AGGRAVATION>APPRECIATION.
>

> Paul Borghese
>
> P.S.  Please let's improve the list by using our
real names instead of
> cowarding behind a yahoo account and using
anonymizer.com.  If you are not
> willing to say something with your name attached to
it - it should not be
> said.

see a
> > firefighter or a solider but someone who manages a
> > mailing list. Not a hero in my book. Besides he's
> > probably making a pretty penny off this list.
> >

> > ""JG""  wrote:
> >

> > > I would like to thank mainly Paul Borghese, and
lots
> > of unsung 'heroes'
> > > like Jonathan Hays in this case, for their
> > relentless effort to keep this
> > > list professional, up-to-par, and above all
allowing
> > us this communication
> > > channel...
> > >
> > >  THANX GUYS
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > >  Rgrds'
> > >  JG
> > >
> > >         ---==  Success, is where preparation,
meets
> > opportunity  ==---
> > >

> > > ""Paul Borghese""  wrote in message
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

we
> > have written that fire
> > > when
will