Good answer, Howard.

I've been thinking about the statement that someone made that "the
knowledge isn't proprietary," referring to the knowledge one needs to pass
CCIE. The information isn't proprietary. The word "knowledge" implies
something more, however. It implies that the recipient actually received
and internalized the information and could retransmit it (like on a test)
if necessary. The word knowledge has the same root as acknowledge!

Developing effective methods for knowledge transfer requires creativity,
skill, time, money, awareness of the audience and their learning styles,
and other resources. The results may be proprietary and there's nothing
wrong with charging for them. I can't comment on the pricing. (Setting a
good price has always seemed like a black art to me, having only taken one
business/marketing type class in my life.) It does seem like different
prices for different countries makes sense, as others have said.

I encourage the folks who want to develop labs for free. I remain a bit
skeptical that the results will be as good as the results from the
professionals, such as Howard and the folks at ccbootcamp. But I could be
surprised! I have done some of my best work when people told me I couldn't
do it. ;-)

Cheers,

Priscilla

Priscilla Oppenheimer