At 07:03 PM 2/20/02, Steven A. Ridder wrote:
>It's not in a packet that gets sent.

It is actually. Here's a packet for you:

DLC:  ----- DLC Header -----
       DLC:  Destination = Station Cisco1053E80
       DLC:  Source      = Station Cisco1002E75
       DLC:  Ethertype   = 0800 (IP)
IP: ----- IP Header -----
       IP: Version = 4, header length = 20 bytes
       IP: Type of service = 00
       IP:       000. ....   = routine
       IP:       ...0 .... = normal delay
       IP:       .... 0... = normal throughput
       IP:       .... .0.. = normal reliability
       IP: Total length    = 68 bytes
       IP: Identification  = 0
       IP: Flags           = 0X
       IP:       .0.. .... = may fragment
       IP:       ..0. .... = last fragment
       IP: Fragment offset = 0 bytes
       IP: Time to live    = 2 seconds/hops
       IP: Protocol        = 88 (EIGRP)
       IP: Header checksum = 4C3F (correct)
       IP: Source address      = [172.16.10.2] Charlotte
       IP: Destination address = [172.16.10.1] Albany
       IP: No options
EIGRP: ----- Enhanced IGRP Header -----
       EIGRP:
       EIGRP: Version        = 2
       EIGRP: Opcode         = 1 (Update)
       EIGRP: EIGRP Checksum = E17D (correct)
       EIGRP: Flags (unused) = 0000
       EIGRP: Flags          = 0001
       EIGRP:  .... ....  .... ..0. = Conditionally receive mode is not
required
       EIGRP:  .... ....  .... ...1 = Is an initial update packet
       EIGRP: Sequence number          = 1
       EIGRP: Acknowledgment number    = 0
       EIGRP: Autonomous System number = 100
       EIGRP:
       EIGRP: Protocol ID              = 0x01 (IP)
       EIGRP: Type Code                = 0x0102 (IP Internal Routes)
       EIGRP: Field length             = 28
       EIGRP: Next hop address                    = 0 (use source IP addr)
       EIGRP: Time delay (10 msec/256)            = 512000
       EIGRP: Path bandwidth (2,560,000,000/kbps) = 1657856
       EIGRP: Min/max transmission unit (MTU)     = 1500
       EIGRP: Hop count                           = 0
       EIGRP: Reliability (error percentage)      = 250
       EIGRP: Load utilization percentage         = 1
       EIGRP: Reserved
       EIGRP: Prefix length in bits               = 24
       EIGRP: IP Destination Address              = 0.172.16.40

Priscilla

>""Sasa Milic""  wrote in message
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > The router DOES pass total delay and minumum bandwidth of the route
> > to neighbors.
> >
> > check "show ip eigrp topologu
> >
> > Sasa
> > CCIE No 8635
> >

> > "Steven A. Ridder" wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe the delay is by default set on the interface by the router
>based
> > > on the type of link it is.  I'm sure there's charts on CCO somewhere.
>You
> > > can change this info on the interface with the delay command, which is
>the
> > > recommended way of changing a metric if you are forced to do so.  The
> > router
> > > dosen't pass the delay info of a link to other routers as a raw figure,
>it
> > > calculates the BW and delay, then multiplies it by 256 and sends that
> > > calculation to a neighbor, which is the metric.
> > >
> > > ""Yatou Wu""  wrote in message
> > > [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>the

>the
> > > delay

> > > http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp.