When we find access points like that, we disable the switch port they
connect to.

We are using Network Stumbler to find rogue access points.  Works well
and it's free.

Ken

>>> "Patrick Donlon"  06/24/02 08:48AM >>>
I've just found a wireless LAN set up by someone in the building, I
found it
by chance when I was checking something with a colleague from another
dept.
The WLAN has zero security which is not a surprise and lets the user
into
the main LAN in the site with a DHCP address served up too! Does anyone
have
any tips on preventing users and dept's who don't think about security
from
plugging whatever they like into the network,

Cheers

Pat

--

email me on : [EMAIL PROTECTED]