The problem that I am coming accross is that some of my customers take the
wireless gear outta the box and plug it in and when they figure that work
with factory defaults they leave it alone....then all of a sudden someone
pulls up in the front yard and starts snooping around.

One thing you can do is WEP and depending on the vendor try some filtering
by mac, ssid, or protocol...

You will have do some serious lockdown measures when its a internal user as
opposed to outside users.......

But like the last email stated if things get bad use netstumbler but be
careful from the last I heard it works with only some wireless cards...