> However, in the past few moments, someone else wrote to me and
> inquired about my hub (10/100 or 100!) -- mine is 100 only.  Thus, the
> routers (at
> 10) would not communicate.  I'm going to try and swap out the
> hub and see if
> this helps.  I'm not a 100% certain that this will fix the
> problem -- but
> I'm going to try it and see. One never knows.

How can you ping from a DOS prompt if the destination is crossing a repeater
with a speed mismatch? A FastEthernet-only hub won't allow comms between
10Mb/s devices, so if you wouldn't have any visibility to that device,
whether from a DOS prompt, Hyperterminal, or anything...

Bill Creighton CCNP
Senior System Engineer
Motorola
iDEN CNRC Packet Data / MPS

I do understand the basics -- but I'm not able to ping anything from
hyperterminal -- (1) the router, (2) the PC -- but I am able to ping the
router from DOS.

My problem arose when I was unable to "copy flash tftp" I tried by process
of elimination to id the problem -- and it seemed to be hyperterminal.

However, in the past few moments, someone else wrote to me and inquired
about my hub (10/100 or 100!) -- mine is 100 only.  Thus, the routers (at
10) would not communicate.  I'm going to try and swap out the hub and see if
this helps.  I'm not a 100% certain that this will fix the problem -- but
I'm going to try it and see. One never knows.

Be back in a few . . . .

Greg Macaulay
Oldest Human Being preparing for the CCIE Lab
Lifetime AARP member
Retired Attorney/Law Professor

I stared
> at
>               objects for hours on end trying to understand!!!
>
>               The thrust of my pitiful situation is: I cannot "ping" from
> hyperterminal --
>               altho' I can readily "ping" from a DOS prompt on the same
PC.

>               I have the parameters set properly 8-N-1-None -- and I have
tried
> with the
>               TFTP server setup on the same PC and on another in my home
network
> (I have
>               10 pcs in my home network -- most old -- but they still
work!).
> Neither
>               works.
>
>               Any suggestions.  And please don't waste time flaming me --
I know I
> should
>               be able to figure this out -- but even after researching the

> archives and
>               CCO, I am no closer to a solution than I am to passing the
LAB on