Greg,

Let's be politically correct here.  We are not suffering from
Alzheimer's.  We are merely enjoying the occurrence of
randomly generated "Senior Moments."

Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
Community College of Southern Nevada
Cisco ATC/Regional Networking Academy
"Cunctando restituit rem"

Greg Macaulay wrote:

  It's not nice to "flame" an "active" member of the Bar who is still
  in "good
  standing"!!!! Alzheimer's (Cisco type) may indeed be overtaking me
  here, but
  my "legal" brain cells are still quite sharp.  So "flame" me at your
  own
  risk!!!!! Perhaps I can obtain "enuf" from a lawsuit to purchase an
  ISDN
  simulator!!!!

  Don't anybody take the above para in the wrong vein!  I was simply
  having a
  bad day (and then I had to take my grandchildren "trick or treating"
  for
  hours -- while I searched through my Alzheimer-ridden brain cells to
  identify a solution to my problem.  Now back to my problem.

  Greg Macaulay
  Oldest Human Being preparing for the CCIE Lab
  Lifetime AARP member
  Retired Attorney/Law Professor

  Of
  > Tom Lisa
  > Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 8:10 PM
  > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > Subject: Re: Problems w/Hyperterminal?? [7:56619]
  >

  > Priscilla,
  >
  > The real reason not to flame him is because he may come out of
  retirement
  > and sue all of us!  :)
  >
  > Prof. Tom Lisa, CCAI
  > Community College of Southern Nevada
  > Cisco ATC/Regional Networking Academy
  > "Cunctando restituit rem"
  >
  > Priscilla Oppenheimer wrote:
  >
  >   I wouldn't flame the oldest CCDP on the planet ;-), but, what do
  you
  >   mean
  >   you can't ping from HyperTerminal? HyperTerminal just gets you
  serial
  >   access
  >   to the console port.
  >
  >   Priscilla
  >
  >   Greg Macaulay wrote:
  >   >
  >   > Hi all --
  >   >
  >   > I'm suffering thru a terrible newbies type problem and cannot
  >   > seem to
  >   > identify the error of my ways.  I know it's something very
  >   > basic -- and it
  >   > brings back memories of high school geometry homework where I
  >   > stared at
  >   > objects for hours on end trying to understand!!!
  >   >
  >   > The thrust of my pitiful situation is: I cannot "ping" from
  >   > hyperterminal --
  >   > altho' I can readily "ping" from a DOS prompt on the same PC.
  >   >
  >   > I have the parameters set properly 8-N-1-None -- and I have
  >   > tried with the
  >   > TFTP server setup on the same PC and on another in my home
  >   > network (I have
  >   > 10 pcs in my home network -- most old -- but they still
  >   > work!).  Neither
  >   > works.
  >   >
  >   > Any suggestions.  And please don't waste time flaming me -- I
  >   > know I should
  >   > be able to figure this out -- but even after researching the
  >   > archives and
  >   > CCO, I am no closer to a solution than I am to passing the LAB
  >   > on the first
  >   > try!!!!!
  >   >
  >   > So any and all helpful suggestions would be welcome.
  >   >
  >   > Thanks to all -- in advance!!
  >   > Greg Macaulay
  >   > Oldest Human Being preparing for the CCIE Lab
  >   > Lifetime AARP member
  >   > Retired Attorney/Law Professor
  >   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]