Good answers. Here are a few additional comments.

OSPF is an IETF standard, which has the following advantages:

You have access to the RFCs that describe it, which can help when
troubleshooting and designing network changes, even though the RFCs aren't
very readable.

Engineers from around the world can enhance OSPF, using standard IETF
procedures and taking advantage of IETF work on advanced routing protocol
features.

EIGRP is not an IETF standard. You said below that the spec if available,
but that's not true. Cisco has lots of documentaton on EIGRP but they have
not released a specification for it.

The fact that EIGRP is not a standard means that it probably won't be able
to take advantage of new IETF work, or at least not as easily, and not with
so much input from engineers around the world.

By the way, EIGRP converges very quickly too. And it doesn't use load and
reliability in its metric by default. Also it passes MTU info around, but
MTU isn't part of the metric. In fact, figuring out exactly how a router
running EIGRP uses MTU is one of those things that you can't find a
specification on.

Good discussion!

Priscilla