Stuart Pittwood wrote:
> It has been mooted to me that we might get better performance from our
> 1Mb line by using HDLC rather than PPP.
>

> Is this correct?

   HDLC is more efficient so I guess yes.  If I recall correctly,
(someone will let me know if not;) PPP rides on top of HDLC.

> If so is it just  a case of changing the Encapsulation PPP to
> Encapsulation HDLC on both ends of the link?

   Assuming you have a Cisco on both ends, yes.

> Are there any implications I should be aware of?

   One big advantage of PPP in the ability to authenticate.  Though 1M
seems odd I assume it's a dedicated link and authentication is not an issue.

   Dave

--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer." --Winston
Churchill