On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:01:48 -0400, Samuel Benzaquen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can also say that they don't want to compete against commercial AV vendors
> as I have read here 2^32 times that we should use not _only_ clamav, but a
> list of AVs to improve the chances to catch malware.

Best practice for security always involves defence in depth.  Basing
all your protection on a single AV product, given that *none* of them
are 100% effective, would be short sighted (and particularly given the
current spate of attacks on AV products).

Personally, I use clamav as the first line of defence.  It's rare for
anything to slip through, but it happens (well, twice so far - and in
each case by the time I reviewed the situation a signature had already
been released).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor