On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 02:06:01 +0200
Ben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Joe Sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  Wow - as a long term IT professional I thought I'd heard it all but this
> >  takes the cake. In all the past waves of viruses we've seen, they have
> >  been analyzed in depth and found to be 100% windows. If you have some
> >  evidence to the contrary feel free to share.
>
> Even then, like I wrote before:
> Stupid people (and stupid admins, like the ones in this list)
> are responsible for contamination, in general, not the OS
> or the software they use. We have a nice saying over here:
> "Het is de kok, niet de keuken!"
> May exist in your language as well: It's the cook, not the kitchen.
> Those who read mail from my mailserver are not stupid.
> Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide: visit http://wiki.clamav.net
> http://lurker.clamav.net/list/clamav-users.html

1. What is true now, may not be tomorrow. Are you going to plan for it, or just
rush around like a headless chicken when it happens.
2. Even if is was true, what happens when one of your perfect users gets
infected (not through email of course), and starts spewing out spam, then you
might catch it if you're looking.
3. Who are you calling stupid, stupid.
4. Ongelooflijk ( kl... ). Yeah, some poms speak dutch, too.

Get your head out of the sand, Ben.

Steve.