On Mar 19, 2009, at 7:53 AM, e wrote:

> Can't you already do this with:
> (let [[a b c] [1 a 3]]
>  (prn a b c))
>

> if, indeed you can, that seems to violate the very interesting,
> recent discussion Rich initiated that someone recoined as the
> Property Design Pattern.  So, on one hand, having let process args
> lazily is consistent with the spirit of the language, but on the
> other hand dealing with two arrays where orders have to line up
> isn't.  Since maps are prefered over pairs of vectors, seems like
> the map notation is "better"?

A more fundamental question than how best to do it is - who needs
this? Does someone have a real need for parallel let? Theoretical
arguments about it being clearer (can't have dependencies) aside,
after all most let binding lists are short and certainly local,
where's a compelling use case for more syntax here?

So far it seems like sequential let has proven a useful default, and
I'd rather have one let than two. SML has only sequential let.

Rich