I agree with some of the previous suggestions that something including
Java interop would be a good idea. That should give Java programmers
warm fuzzy feelings and at least pique their curiosity enough to give
Clojure a more detailed look later. Four minutes is such an extremely
short amount of time that it certainly makes this a challenge.

Most of the topics that make Clojure so interesting are also pretty
dense. That being said, it wouldn't be bad to hit things at a high
level and leave people hungry for more. I wouldn't pass up the
opportunity to mention STM and explain very briefly that it uses
similar technology to Oracle and Postgres to maintain consistency
across threads. Agents are also a huge feature that can be summarized
well enough in a few short sentences to make someone say, "COOL!". The
ants demo is incredibly cool, but my fear would be that an ultra-
condensed explanation wouldn't do it the justice it deserves (maybe
I'm wrong)? Something really easy for people to get might be, "you can
compile this to a class, distribute as a jar, and make it part of your
toolbox right now."

Having done a lot of Java programming, even simple features of Clojure
are really impressive and appealing. Having a language that can
outperform most interpreted languages and offer me heterogenous
sequences and type inference is a huge feature. Higher order functions
wouldn't be bad to mention either since Java doesn't have them. Macros
are incredibly powerful, but again, I fear that with the limited time,
quite a few in the audience might underestimate what they can provide.

One quick question: is anybody going to get this on video? I'd really
like to see how it turns out.

Travis