On 18.05.2009, at 14:36, Rich Hickey wrote:

> I'd appreciate some suggestions *and help* preparing demos for the
> Script Bowl. What (that could be demonstrated in 4 minutes) would make
> you think - 'Clojure looks cool, I need to look into it'? What
> community contribution(s) should we showcase?

For the first round, I'd try to prepare a modified version of the
ants demo:

1) simplify as much as possible

2) introduce a couple of macros, to show the power of syntax
abstractions (without going into any details, of course)

3) modify some parameter interactively

That should demonstrate

- concurrency without locks (again, no details in four minutes)
- the power of macros
- Java integration (the GUI)
- interactivity

The last point is the least important because the others have it as
well, but it's still good to see interactivity in practice.

The big missing points would be functional programming and immutable
data structures.

Konrad.