I'd like to echo Laurent's words - getting rid of boiler plate code is
tops.
Quite an old example which I think demonstrates this well:
http://clojure.googlegroups.com/web/2c-calculator.clj
Most people are familiar with the code explosion that buttons and
action listeners usually involve.
[it needs some cleaning up - rset for example is not a good idea, and
looks better with default look and feel and layout love]

That being said ants is the best wow value obviously!