Hi,

this video showed up on my G+ stream about a week ago and it was /fun/ to
watch.

I think most of the people around here will be more intrigued by the first
half, which has a focus on programming.

Side-note: this is one of the (few) video presentations that just can't be
translated to text.  Wait for the slider in the browser game...

However, I digress...

Am Freitag, 24. Februar 2012 21:34:54 UTC+1 schrieb lpetit:

> Hello Damien, I had already watched the first half of the talk.
> I found the live demonstrations rather impressive, indeed. I've since
> wondered how this could be generalized,

I may be wrong, but I as far as I understand the message of the video it is
explicitly not about generalization.  It's more about finding a niche of
programming where you can make the experience of the person doing things
more direct.  Thus, I'd rather consider the particular situation of a
person doing UI-stuff with seesaw or doing web-stuff with ring and friends
or whatever, the direct thing.  I think Overtone does a lot right from this
point of view.

But then again, the niche may be programmers writing pure functions and the
example of the video may apply.

After all this has been said, of course I may have misunderstood your
remark about generalization, Laurent.

Kind regards,
Stefan